WALKABOUT CREEK ADVENTURES
Walkabout Creek at Enoggera Reservoir is a delightful place to visit with your kids, friends and family. It is the perfect place to connect oneself with nature, by spending a relaxing day spotting wildlife and going for a swim in the reservoir – the oldest man-made dam in Queensland and the third oldest in Australia.
When not undertaking Walkabout Creek Adventures activities, visitors can take a walk around the reservoir’s edge or experience the Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre where you have the opportunity to see the kangaroos, platypus, reptiles and a wombat. Visitors can also relax at the Walkabout Creek Café which offers a selection of sandwiches, cakes, tea and coffee.
Location: 20 minutes from Brisbane city/ 12km from the Brisbane city centre
How to get there:
car/private vehicle: Via state route 31/M3/Wickham Terrace and State Route 31
- Parking: Available at 60 Mount Nebo Road
- By Public transport: Take Bus 385 from Roma Street Station to the last stop i.e. The Gap Park ‘n’ Ride. Follow the signage into the National Park down to the waterfront
Walkabout Creek Adventures Opening Hours:
- Monday-Thursday: Pre-booked Tours and Group Hires Only
- Friday: 10am – 4pm
- Saturday: 9am – 5pm
- Sunday: 9am – 5pm
What To Wear:
Water Activities – Wear clothes that may be able to get wet and a towel/change of clothes is recommended. Please ensure you bring a hat and water bottle.
Land Activities – Enclosed sport shoes are required for all land activities. Please ensure you bring a hat and water bottle.
Sunscreen is provided onsite.
Tips for coming into the area:
- Domestic animals are not permitted in the area.
- All rubbish is under the National Parks ‘take in, take out’ policy. Bins are only located at the cafe area, not along the waterfront.
- Smoking/drinking is not permitted.
- If bringing a picnic, please ensure you have zipped bags to avoid wildlife accessing your food.
Wildlife regularly spotted in the area:
- Swamp hens
- White-Bellied Sea Eagles
- Lung fish
- Lace-monitor lizard